The University of California, Merced is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized independent organization dedicated to supporting faculty, particularly under-represented faculty, post-docs, and graduate students in making successful transitions throughout their careers. NCFDD provides online career development, training, and mentoring resources.
As part of UC Merced's institutional membership, all faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and administrators now have free on-demand access to NCFDD's resources.
Claim Your Membership
Sign up for your UC Merced sponsored membership to gain access to the many free resources.
Choose "University of California, Merced" from the drop-down menu
Select "Activate my Membership"
Complete the registration form using your UC Merced email address
Click "Activate Account" in the confirmation email
Free Resources for Faculty, Post-docs, and Graduate Students
- The weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings
- Monthly accountability buddy matching
- The 14-Day Writing Challenge each semester
- The Dissertation Success Curriculum for advanced graduate students
- Private, moderated discussion forum and monthly writing challenge
- A vast library of past webinars and trainings
- NCFDD references and referrals
- Additional benefits of annual membership include priority registration for each session of the Faculty Success Program (FSP), and continued free enrollment in the FSP Alumni Program for FSP alumni.
NCFDD's core curriculum focuses on the development of key skills and strategies that lead to academic success. Members are provided trainings to establish and develop success habits which include:
- Semester planning
- Aligning time with priorities
- Developing a consistent daily writing practice
- Mastering academic time management
- Moving from resistance to writing
- Learning the art of saying “no”
- Cultivating a network of mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Overcoming academic perfectionism
- Engaging in and resolving conflict in a healthy way
- Strategies for dealing with stress and rejection