April 17, 2023
Contingent upon the 5 percent allocation in the State budget and subject to change, the academic salary scales for policy-covered academic appointees (including Senate Faculty) will be increased by a general range adjustment of 4.6 percent. The adjustment to the academic salary scales will be effective October 1, 2023 for Senate faculty and July 1, 2023 for other policy-covered academic appointees. The regular peer-review merit advancement process for policy-covered academic appointees will continue per academic personnel policy. Excluded from this program are academics appointees who are represented by our various unions as their wages are governed by collective bargaining unit agreements.
Overview of the 2023-24 Program
- The overall salary scales for policy-covered academic appointees will be raised by 4.6%, and will include modest smoothing to the scales to continue consistent increments between steps.
- The annual academic merit review process to determine reappointments, as well as adjustments in rank and step will continue.
- No systematic adjustment to off-scale salaries is mandated. Above-scale salaries will be increased in a manner consistent with campus guidelines.
- In line with established processes, the effective date is July 1, 2023 or October 1, 2023 depending on the academic appointee group or effective the first pay period commencing thereafter for biweekly paid appointees. The faculty general range adjustment will be effective October 1, 2023.
Other non-represented academic appointees
- The scales for policy covered non-faculty academic appointees (which includes policy-covered librarians and academic researchers) will be increased by a general range adjustment of 4.6% on July 1, 2023 for monthly paid or July 9, 2023 (the first pay period commencing after July 1, 2023) for biweekly paid academic appointees (the precise amount will vary due to rounding). Scales with ranges will be increased in a similar fashion.