Goals and Objectives:
- Provide oversight of the academic personnel processes for all academic appointees, ensuring that appropriate safeguards, policies and regulations are maintained.
- Serve as a campus resource for all aspects of academic personnel related activity, including development and implementation of academic personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver training to various campus constituencies to maximize skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Serve as the campus liaison to the Office of the President with regard to academic personnel issues.
- Oversee all academic appointee recruitment activity and existing faculty provisions.
- Coordinate dean reviews on behalf of the provost/executive vice chancellor.
- In collaboration with Human Resources-Labor Relations, interpret, implement and advise the campus concerning collective bargaining agreements covering academic employees.
- Coordinate and facilitate the approval process for academic related activity including requests for leaves and sabbaticals, family accommodations, and exceptions to policy.
- Serve as the office of record for academic personnel files, reporting and information.